Items listed below are some of the most common areas that are inspected:
- Address numbers must be present.
- a contrasting color to the background.
- minimum of four inches in height to be visible from the street or alley.
- Alley numbers are required if an alley exists adjacent to the property, regardless of whether the property has access (a driveway) to the alley.
- Peeling paint on areas in excess of approximately 25% of the surface.
- Broken windows, doors, or torn/missing screens.
- Acceptable exterior storage includes:
- BBQ grills, patio furniture, kid's toys, neatly stacked fire wood, etc. Ladders may be hung on the outside of sheds or garages.
- Unacceptable exterior storage includes most other items:
- indoor furniture, construction materials not currently being used; tools, lawn equipment, car parts, piles of brush, etc.
- Scrub growth around foundations and fence lines is not permitted. Scrub growth is defined as any uncontrolled growth of vegetation, including weeds, bushes, and tree saplings.
- Growth of grass and weeds is not acceptable if longer than 9 inches.
- Unpaved Parking: Vehicles parked on any surface other than asphalt or concrete are a violation.