- You can request items from libraries outside of Anoka County through the Inter-Library Loan (ILL) service.
- This service can either be done online or in the library.
- The ILL service is provided through MnLink. MnLINK allows users to search multiple library databases at once and to request materials from those libraries.
- If a librarian is unable to find an item in the Anoka County Library system, then an ILL is an option. ILL requests usually take longer to arrive and are also subject to the owning library accepting the request.
- ILL materials can be checked out for three weeks and may not be renewed.
- A valid library card in your home system is required. Any issues in your home system need to be resolved before placing an ILL.
- As of 12/19/22, all MNLINK users will need to enter their PIN along with their library barcode number in order to login to place a request. This change was implemented for greater data privacy and account protection for patrons. Your PIN is the number you chose when signing up for your library card. To reset your PIN, you can request a new PIN by selecting "Forgot my PIN" on the My Account login screen of the Anoka County Library website https://www.anokacountymn.gov/4180/Libraries as long as there is an email address associated with your account. Otherwise, speak with a library staff member to reset your PIN.