The Commission prepares and maintains a Comprehensive Plan for the physical development of the City. The Commission also serves as the Board of Appeals and Adjustments of Variance and Appeal Cases. Another Commission function is as an advisory board to the City Council on matters pertaining to Conditional Use Permit applications and zoning amendments.
The Planning Commission consists of seven members appointed by the Council. The appointed members serve three-year staggered terms. The City Planner, Building Official and City Attorney serve as ex-officio members of this commission.
- 6 pm
- Meets the first Tuesday of each month in Council Chambers, unless otherwise noted
- Meetings are open to the public and are broadcast live on Government Access Cable Channel 16 in Columbia Heights. They are replayed on Channel 16 Mondays at 2 pm, Tuesdays at 9 am and 6 pm, Wednesdays at 2 am and 4 pm, Thursdays at 7 am and 9 pm, Fridays at 11 am and 6 pm, Saturdays at 2 pm, and Sundays at 7 am.
Agendas and Packets are available prior to the meetings and can be found here. Minutes are also available following approval.
Planning Commission Members
- Eric Sahnow, Chair
- Tom Kaiser, Vice Chair
- Mark Vargas, Secretary/Treasurer
- John Gianoulis, Commissioner
- Mike Novitsky, Commissioner
- Laurel Deneen, Commissioner
- Clara Wolfe, Commissioner
- Connie Buesgens, Council Liaison
Andrew Boucher, City Planner
Phone: (763) 706-3672 | Email