Weekend of Festivities Begins: Parade, Garage Sales, Fireworks and More!
A weekend of Jamboree festivities kicks off Friday at 3 pm with a carnival in Huset Park, a beer garden starting at 5, and the Jamboree parade at 6 pm, followed by a long list of activities and events Saturday and Sunday.
The Jamboree is a Lions Club event, but the City of Columbia Heights is involved in several of the Jamboree activities, including the parade, Heights Idol, Peace Fest, and the Citywide Garage Sale.
City Hall will also be open during Saturday’s firework display for attendees who want to see the lights but who are sensitive to loud noises. People will be able to watch the fireworks through the City Hall Council Chamber windows. Doors on the Mill Street entrance of City Hall will open at 9:30. People will need to take the elevator to the second floor. City staff and Lions Club volunteers will be on site.
Here’s everything you can do and see at the 77th annual Columbia Heights Lions Club Jamboree this weekend:
Fri, June 22
• Jamboree Parade 6 - 8 pm (The Parade begins at 45th & Central Ave., proceeds south to 40th Ave., ending at 5th St.)
• Lions Beer Garden 5 pm - midnight
• Carnival 1 pm - close ($2 admission, kids FREE w/paid adult)
Sat, June 23
• Citywide Garage Sale
• Athletic Boosters Heights Hustle 5K Run/Walk 7:30 am check in, 8 am race @ CHHS Track - register at www.chathleticboosters.com - online preferred
• Peace Fest, 10 am - 7 pm (with Chief Lenny Austin and Mayor Donna Schmitt speaking at 11 am) at the Science of Spirituality Meditation Center
• Kids Art Class FREE! 11 am - 2 pm @ Murzyn Hall. (1st come, 1st served, 50 max)
• Bags Tournament noon @ Beer Garden
• Local Band 5:30 - 6:15 pm @ Heights Idol Stage (if inclement weather, inside Murzyn Hall)
• Heights Idol @ 6:30 pm outside of Murzyn Hall, if rain inside hall.
• Adult Softball Tournament all day & the Home-Run Derby 7 p.m. @ Huset Park East
• Lions Beer Garden 10 am - midnight
• Carnival 11 am - Close ($2 admission, kids FREE w/paid adult)
• Fireworks dusk (if rain, Sunday at dusk) - for those sensitive to loud noises, City Hall will be open for fireworks viewing through the City Council Chambers windows
Sun, June 24
• Adult Softball Tournament @ Huset Park
• CH Lions Waffle breakfast 8 am - 12 pm @ Murzyn Hall
• BINGO w/CH Lions & CH Athletic Boosters 12:30-3:00 pm @ Murzyn Hall
• CH Royalty Coronation 1 pm @ CH High School
• Carnival 11 a.m. - 6 pm **$2 admission, kids FREE
• Lions Beer Garden 12 noon - 6 pm
JAMBOREE Hotline 763-706-3789
Get more information at the Lions Club page here.