Refuse and Recycling Info for the Holidays
Refuse Schedule and Recycling News for the Holidays
1. Refuse pickup will be delayed by one day on the Christmas Day and New Year’s Day holidays, Tuesday through Friday. Any delays due to winter weather will be posted on the City’s web site.
2. Live Christmas trees will be collected from Jan 7 to Jan 18. Residents must call 1-888-960-0008 to schedule a pickup prior to placing the tree outside. Please ensure all decorations and lights are removed.
3. The Recycling Center will be closed on Dec 22, but will be open on Dec 29. The Recycling Center is a great alternative for recycling excess cardboard and other recyclables. Artificial Christmas trees that are mostly metal can be placed in the scrap metal bin at the Recycling Center. Please ensure all decorations and lights are removed. Holiday lights are also collected at the Recycling Center.
4. Yard waste/organic carts are emptied throughout the winter. An organics event kit is available for residents to use at local gatherings and events. To request the event kit, call 763-706-3700.
5. Please do not place refuse carts in the street or alley as this interferes with snow plowing and causes ice buildup. Also clear the refuse collection spot of snow and ice, as much as possible, to make it safer for the refuse drivers to handle and empty the carts.
6. Please ensure carts are out by 6 am on your service day as times may change for service at your property.
For more information, click here.