A Call for Medical Mask Donations
Allina Health Asks Public to Donate Face Masks for Health Care Workers
Due to an outpouring of community support and desire to make donations of needed protective equipment, Allina Health has set up collection sites at many of its facilities to receive donations. Health care organizations are in need of additional masks to help meet ongoing health care needs and to help conserve existing personal protective equipment for providers engaged in the coronavirus response.
Allina Health is asking for donations of factory-made N95 and ear loop masks, as well as hand sewn ear loop masks. Instructions on how to make hand sewn masks can be viewed at allinahealth.org/coronavirus. Or download a pdf instruction sheet here.
Masks can be safely donated daily now through April 5, from 9 am to 1 pm. Donation sites are at most Allina Health hospitals:
1. Abbott Northwestern Hospital, 800 E 28th St, Minneapolis
2. Abbott Northwestern Hospital – West Health, 2805 Campus Dr, Plymouth, MN
3. Buffalo Hospital, 303 Catlin St, Buffalo, MN
4. Cambridge Medical Center, 701 S Dellwood St, Cambridge, MN
5. District One Hospital, 200 State Ave, Faribault, MN
6. Mercy Hospital - Mercy Campus Specialty Center Parking lot: 11850 Blackfoot St NW., Coon Rapids, MN
7. Mercy Hospital - Unity Campus, Fridley, 550 Osborne Rd, Fridley
8. New Ulm Medical Center, 1324 5th St N, New Ulm, MN
9. Owatonna Hospital, 2250 NW 26th St, Owatonna, MN
10. Regina Medical Center, 1175 Nininger Rd, Hastings, MN
11. River Falls Area Hospital, Wisconsin, 1629 E Division St, River Falls, WI
12. St. Francis Regional Medical Center, 1455 St. Francis Ave, Shakopee, MN
13. United Hospital, 333 Smith Ave N, St. Paul
14. Courage Kenny Rehabilitation, Golden Valley, 3915 Golden Valley Rd, Golden Valley, MN
When you come to donate masks, remain in your car. A staff member will come to you to accept your donation.
Details on Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota’s volunteer drive effort can be found at https://www.allinahealth.org/coronavirus