New Curbside Yard Waste Service Starts Sept 26
- Curbside yard waste pick-up by request will end after the Sept 20-21 pick-ups. The City is no longer taking requests for pick-up.
- Starting Sept 26, Better Futures will conduct citywide collection. There will be no need to schedule a yard waste pickup.
- Better Futures will take up to 10 days to reach all properties in the City. There will be no schedule. Crews will start on one end of the City and work through to the other end of the City and back again. If they recently covered your block, it may take up to 10 days for them to return. Simply put, if you have yard waste, place it on the curb and it will get picked up in 10 days or less, starting Sept 26 through the end of the leaf pick-up season.
- Curbside yard waste pick ups will continue until there is a permanent snow cover or until the week of Thanksgiving, whichever comes sooner.
- Please do not wait until the end of the season to bag your leaves or the yard waste collections will become overwhelmed and may not be able to collect all the yard waste before winter. We encourage residents to place bags of leaves on the curb as soon as they are able to fill them.
- If you choose to mulch your leaves into your lawn or leave them on your property for compost, please take measures to prevent them from blowing into the street or spilling into gutters. Leaves will clog storm drains and pollute local waterways if they end up in the street. Please do not rake loose leaves into the street.
- Haul Star will continue to empty the compost carts on your regular service day. Please note there is an extra cost for ordering a compost cart.
- The extra yard waste receptacle behind Public Works is no longer available.
- If you have any questions, issues, or requests, you may fill out the refuse support form here.
- Curbside yard waste service is automatically included with trash service. If you recently moved in and need to sign up for trash service, go here.